TERMS & CONDITIONS
CHALLENGE SPECIFIC TERMS
1. MISSION 48.1000 is an invitation only event. Only those that have received an official invitation from the organizers of MISSION 48.1000 can participate
2. The participants of MISSION 48.1000 will ride all stages solo, making use of a regular sportive bike, such as a road/mountain/gravel/cyclocross/TT bike
Stage 1 is 80KM
Stage 2 is 110KM
Stage 3 is 140KM
Stage 4 is 170KM
Stage 5 is 200KM
Stage 6 is 300KM
3. The maximum deviation of the number of kilometers per stage is 3%, as long as the total number of kilometers of the 6 rides is 1000 kilometers or more. For example; the total kilometers of the final stage needs to be between 291 and 309 kilometers
4. The participant is responsible for planning the routes of each of the stages, taking the rule into account that a minimum of 50% of the roads, tracks, trails of the stage will only be used once during that stage
5. All stages have to be outside and the STRAVA activity will show the route which the participant has ridden. No indoor rides are allowed. Neither on an indoor trainer or on an indoor track.
The 2021 night curfew rules:
Even though the MISSION 48.1000 is an outdoor challenge, the night curfews being part of the COVID-19 measures in certain countries, made us decide to allow indoor rides as well for all participants. Participants must adhere to the following rules, should they make use of this exception:
Only Zwift rides uploaded to STRAVA will be taken into account.
(Custom) training plans and workouts are not allowed.
The trainer difficulty in the Zwift settings is set to a minimum of 50%.
The final 300km stage can be split into a maximum of two STRAVA rides. One outside and one Zwift ride.
The stages which are ridden indoor, need to be done on one of the following courses:
Indoor activities are only allowed during the time between 10pm and 5am. An indoor activity that started AND finished outside these times, will not be valid.
6. All stages are recorded with a gps device and uploaded as individual public activities to STRAVA. Those that finish, will record a total of 6 rides.
7. It is not allowed to make use of the support of an (electric) motor of any kind.
8. The participants are free to decide when they will start MISSION 48.1000, as long as the start time is after 00:00 CET on the 10th of April 2021.
9. The participants must take a rest of a minimum of 15 minutes between each stage.
10. Only those that finish MISSION 48.1000 before 24:00 CET on the 11th of April 2021 AND comply to the rules that are applicable, will deserve their place in the MISSION 48.1000 hall of fame.
THESE GENERAL TERMS APPLY
11. These General Terms shall apply in conjunction with the Specific Terms of any promotion. You should therefore read these General Terms in combination with the Specific Terms. Where any Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
12. We may change these General Terms at any time. You should check our website regularly for any changes that apply from the date they are uploaded.
13. By entering any promotion you agree that you will be legally bound by both these General Terms and the Specific Terms.
14. All promotions are open to persons over 18 years of age at the time of entry. Where the Specific Terms state that a person aged 18 years or less is eligible to enter, we reserve the right to require that their parent or guardian confirms in writing that they agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and will accept any prize on behalf of the under-18 year old prizewinner.
15. It will be at the Promoters sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
16. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families may not enter any promotion, neither may any employees or immediate family members of any third party sponsors, third party companies associated with the promotion, prize providers or agencies assisting with the promotion operation.
17. In promotions where purchase of product is necessary, please retain your promotional packaging as it may be required for verification in the event of a win.
18. Deficient entries: the Promoter will not be responsible for any entries not received, not recognised, not accepted for any reason or delayed. Proof of sending or entering such details does not constitute receipt.
19. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, or non-receipt of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter or an entrant because of technical problems, operator problems, social media site problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any participant's or any other third person's, resulting from any participation or downloading any materials in the promotion.
20. Automated Entry: the use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any promotion repeatedly is prohibited. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. These entries will be disqualified.
21. Names: entrants must enter promotions using their full legal name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names or any false names and to require them to return to the Promoter any prize they may have won.
22. Multiple Entries: Unless otherwise permitted by the Specific Terms, no person may enter any promotion more than once and persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company.
23. Retrospective Effect: where an entrant or prizewinner has not complied fully with the generic terms and specific promotion terms, or has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a promotion and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, the Promoter may nevertheless still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has already been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prizewinner in question.
24. No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to their entry in any promotion. Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a promotion and/or use a prize. All related costs/time off will be at the sole and absolute responsibility of each entrant or person using the prize.
25. The Promoter reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Where a prize is won by a person younger than 18, we reserve the right to award the prize to the prizewinner's parent or guardian on behalf of the prizewinner.
26. The colour, style, size and model of the prize will be the decision of the Promoters unless stated otherwise. Any pictures depicting the prizes on any media or promotional material are for depiction purposes only and in certain instances the actual prizes may differ. The promotion does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the products or services being offered as prizes.
27. The Promoter will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
28. Where prizes are to be delivered to the personal address of a winner, the prize will only be delivered to one address and will only be sent once. Should a prize winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact persons for the relevant promotion.
29. We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver’s license, proof of residence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with the proofs mentioned above which are reasonably acceptable to the Promoter, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner in the same manner as the first.
30. All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and non exchangeable. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us. If a prize winner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by us (or any relevant third party prize provider) then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and no replacement prize will be granted. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or part of it.
31. Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
32. Winners shall be responsible for obtaining any insurance which may be required or prudent in relation to any prize awarded to them. We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our promotions or prizewinners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behavior.
33. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless expressly stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event, parking charges, gratuities, excursions, spending money and other costs of a personal nature, are not included, and any accommodation prize includes basic room charge only.
34. Where the prize for any promotion involves the winner's attendance at (or tickets to) an event, the prize winner acknowledges that we are not liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the winner (and/or any accompanying guests) cannot attend the relevant event, we shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets.
35. Winners proposing to redeem prizes involving, or participating in any promotion where it involves, travel, stunts or physical challenges should notify us of any medical condition and we may at our absolute discretion require as a condition of entering the promotion or receiving the prize to: (i) submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by us and obtain medical clearance to participate in the promotion and/or redeem the prize; and/or (ii) execute a legal document to exonerate us from liability in a form prescribed by us in order to participate further in the promotion and/or redeem the prize.
36. Where prizes comprise or include "meet and greet" elements with celebrities, the prize may be subject to the availability of the celebrity in question and we will have no liability for any inability or failure of any prizewinner to attend any "meet and greet" session offered on any date nor will we offer any alternative prize or cash alternative or compensation for such failure.
37. Where prizes are not claimed within the period specified in the Specific Terms, we reserve the right to award the relevant to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
38. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely for the purposes of this promotion by the Promoter and/or by any agent appointed by it to assist with running the promotion on behalf of the Promoter and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of your personal data by the Promoter and/or any agent appointed by it to assist with running the promotion for the purposes of administration of the promotion (including publishing your full name and county and/or disclosing it to third parties on request if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.
39. Winners may be required to take part in related publicity, including (without limitation) publication of the name and image of a promotion winner along with their winning entry via Promoter’s website, social media and other press and media channels. No additional payment will be given for this.
40. Where promotions are run on either or both of Facebook or Twitter, you acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter, and that Facebook or Twitter has no liability for any element of the promotion.
41. By participating in any promotion involving Facebook or Twitter, to the extent permissible by law, you the entrant hereby release Facebook or Twitter (as applicable) from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to your participation in the promotion.
42. Where a promotion allows for entry via Facebook and/or Twitter and/or any other social media platform, entries must be made using a legitimate Facebook, Twitter, Social Media Platform account (as relevant). Entries from entrants using multiple Facebook or Twitter or other Social Media accounts are not permitted and all such entries will be disqualified and any prize award forfeited.
43. Where a promotion requires entry via Facebook and/or Twitter and/or any other social media platform, all participants must have access to the internet and an active Facebook or Twitter or other social media account (as applicable). If you do not have such an account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://support.twitter.com or https://www.facebook.com/help or account details of the specific social media platform, for more details.
PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
45. Where any promotion requires entrants to submit a photograph, sound or video clip of any description (collectively, "Media") as a part of entry into or participation in the promotion, Entrants:
a) warrant and represent that their chosen Media: (i) is original to them (ii) is submitted in good faith and (iii) has been legally obtained and created;
b) agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the Media in any media including, but not limited to, our website and social media channels, at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the promotion.
46. By entering a promotion, in relation to their entry (including but not limited to where the entry is Media) all entrants:
a) assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future.
b) agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and related publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognized) against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title.
c) Agree the Promoter is without any obligation, compensation or other liability to you or any other person featured in your entry (and you shall be responsible for ensuring the consent of any persons featured in your entry to these terms and conditions). Such use may be for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting whole or in part, in any medium and in any manner. However, the Promoter shall be under no obligation to respond to any communication.
e) acknowledge that we may edit the entry in our sole discretion.
f) agree that we have the right to use entrants' names, likenesses and other personal information in conjunction with the entry.
g) agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their entry.
h) unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of their entry.
i) confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
47. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the promotion and the format rights for the promotion are our sole property and we may exploit the same at our absolute discretion.
48. Any promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties unless specified otherwise. All intellectual property remains the property of their respective owners.
TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
49. If for any reason any promotion is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or any draw/s or judging related to the promotion and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
50. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website used in connection with a promotion or the information on it, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
PROMOTION ADMINISTRATION AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
51. The Promoter may vary the terms of, or terminate, a promotion at any time where it has reasonable grounds to do so at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. The Promoter will not award the prize if the promotion is terminated.
52. All Promoters decisions relating to the promotion and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
53. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
54. Where a promotion involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
55. A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
56. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prizewinner in connection with or arising out of any promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
57. In the event that any provision of these General Terms or any Specific Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
58. These General Terms and the Specific Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Netherlands.